As women, we’re encouraged to “claim our feminine power.” But how? And what exactly is feminine power anyway?
The whole idea has been a bit confusing for forward-thinking females ever since the ’60s, and the women who have tried to claim their feminine power have experienced not only a loss of connection, balance, and intimate bonding in relationships, but a loss of personal happiness too.
With so few powerful feminine role models for women to emulate, “power” has been misinterpreted as masculine. And, as we donned the man’s boot, his uniform and became fluent in the man’s language, yes, we gained material success, but we lost the art and pleasure of being a woman.
Between daily demands, never-ending to-do lists, care-giving, and single-parenting, life is be overwhelming enough. And living at such a frenetic pace can lull you into a false sense of happiness . After all, you are doing all the right things, so life is good, right? Meanwhile, deep down there’s this nagging little voice that won’t go away, telling you there’s something missing. And there is.
To put it simply, you’ve lost touch with your feminine essence. Consequently, romantic relationships are either suffering or non-existent. Instead of soft, fun, flowing conversations, G-force power struggles are dominating.
That playful, sexy spirit got buried along with passionate, romantic adventures. Like many women, you may feel and look like a diamond in the rough rather than an enchantress lit by her own inner glow.
Fortunately, finding the road back to your sparkling diamond essence — what I believe is your true feminine power — is easier than you think … but you’ll need to identify and give up distractions that are toxic to your connection…to your authentic self.
So, no more saying “yes” to every request that comes your way. Let your drama queen friend cry on someone else’s shoulder. Set boundaries with your kids, mate, boss and anyone else who crosses the line.
Let go of the rescue role. Most importantly, trade some of your daily to-dos for some personal pampering pleasures. Here is a short list of ways you can feed your feminine essence:
1. Go outside. Step out into nature and allow yourself to connect with simply being — being present and taking in the beauty and majesty of all the outdoors has to offer.
2. Get creative. Live fully and find ways to express your playful and creative self.
3. Get spiritual. Renew your spiritual foundation.
4. Get passionate. Connect with your passions.
5. Get moving. Connect with your sensuality through dance. Put on your favorite song and let your hips sway and revel in the joy of being a woman.
6. Indulge. Eat or drink something that makes you feel decadent, delicious and honored.
7. Spritz away. Dab an essential oil like rose or ylang ylang on your ankles and wrists and in your cleavage. The scent will bring joyful intoxication.
8. Lotion with love. Take a few minutes before you slip into bed at night to lotion your body with loving caresses. Choose something lovely like lavender or create your own unique blend with a drop of jasmine or gardenia.
9. Concede. Give up the need to be right. How To Respect Yourself & Your Ex
10. Open up. Open your heart by meditating and sending a stream of pink light to every person who has shown you kindness and/or been there for you.
So, now you know—your feminine power is your feminine essence. It’s that simple. As women, we need to anchor in our feminine essence and let it rise to the surface and spill out so we can share the truth of who we are more freely and fully.
Our power comes from claiming that raw feminine essence. Rather than searching for what we can “do” to make ourselves more special, more unique, more attractive, more successful, it’s time to honor that we are perfect as we are. We are irresistible, sparkling diamonds. All we need to do is start claiming and proclaiming it!